Menu

Where do I go after CLE Math 6

Mom28kds

My DS who is in 6th this year will finish CLE Math 6. When looking into next year do I just continue with CLE 7 or move into a pre-algebra in something else? I'm not sure where to go from here. He does't have any trouble with his Math and it comes pretty easy so far. He grades his own work, checks with me if he doesn't get something and primarily gets in the 90's on his tests. 

Edited by Mom28kds

My DD is in CLE 7 this year and I love the incremental approach to pre-algebra over two years.  It is perfect for her because she really needs more time to solidify math concepts.  If you don't mind him doing Algebra 1 in 9th grade, and CLE works for him, why not continue it?  The only reason I would switch him is if you want him to do Pre-Algebra in 7th and Algebra 1 in 8th. 

• Like 2

We transitioned to Saxon after CLE 6. The similar spiral format worked well for my dd. Saxon is definitely a polarizing curriculum, but it works for us.

I knew that we would not continue with CLE after Alegbra 1 at the most, and I wanted time to get adjusted to a new curriculum before we got into algebra. It was a good decision for us.

• Like 1