Menu

Should I get GE CAFE Matte, OR Kitchen Aid appliances?

1GirlTwinBoys

I had GE profile when they were their higher end (not the "built-in" style)  - I have been very happy. I miss my GE profile dishwasher - badly.  the racks were very flexible to adjust for what was being washed - and it CLEANED!!!!  average sound level....  (I have a GE dual fuel range I adore.  two high output burners)  I'm also very happy with the counter depth French door fridge.

I currently have a high end KA dishwasher.  to say I despise it, would an understatement. I loath it.  if I had had the money - it would have been replaced <six months after I bought it because it sucks.  it doesn't clean, and it takes forever to run a cycle.  I am now thoroughly rinsing everything that goes into the dishwasher - and basically use it to sanitize.  but it's very quiet....

Edited by gardenmom5

After having a terrible experience with our previous Samsung fridge, we got a GE and love it - no problems whatsoever. I particularly like the sturdiness of the shelves and drawers. Ours is slate and goes perfectly with our white cabinets and gray limestone counters.

Also have a GE cooktop and are pleased with that, too, although we've only had it a couple months.

Our oven is KitchenAid - so far, so good.

Our previous dishwasher was a KitchenAid and it was a real lemon - didn't clean worth a darn and the racks were cheap and flimsy and broke easily. Now we have a Bosch and it is awesome.