Menu

My poor husband is so sick tonight.

He had an odd 'episode' last week. He was at the office (that of our football team) and suddenly couldn't remember any one's name, what he was doing, and a number of other details.

Someone took him to the training room and the doctors fed him (he had skipped breakfast) and did a few other things for him and he soon started to feel better.

Later, he called our doctor who made an appointment for him with a neurologist. He saw the neurologist who scheduled a few test for today. He had an MRI first thing this morning, then went for a four hour glucose tolerance test. Since then he's been sick to his stomach and has had a terrible headache.

He was home by 2:00 and has been in bed since (it's now after 5PM). I should add that he *never* goes to bed sick. He's like...a mom!

I don't know much about these tests, but I wonder if feeling ill is just a coincidence. Could the glucose test have made him feel so poorly?

He had an odd 'episode' last week. He was at the office (that of our football team) and suddenly couldn't remember any one's name, what he was doing, and a number of other details.

Someone took him to the training room and the doctors fed him (he had skipped breakfast) and did a few other things for him and he soon started to feel better.

. Could the glucose test have made him feel so poorly?

Yes, it could.

I used to get low sugar if I skipped a couple meals and rushed about. I was in a haze (the technical term is "clouding of consciousness"...I love that phrase) once and a nurse took a finger stick. 29. Not sure why I was conscious at all!!

More common in young women, than in mature men, but still possible.