Menu

Accountability Thread 2/10-2/16

Another week of the Februaries, but it's time to dive back into school this week. We are still not doing quite as much as I think we should be doing for a ninth grade year, but work is getting done, the boys are learning, and I'm getting through revisions, and none of us are really ready to change anything. That's a decent place to be for February. I'll take it.

• Like 2

I have been researching next year things. Nothing concrete yet, though.

It was a cleaning day today. Cleaning my room and going through all her books on the shelf. DD6 found lots of books she read to me and I read to her. Cuddling time on the couch.

Usually we have church in the morning but it was too icey for me to drive DH to work this morning. I slipped once and felt like slipping several times on the way just to start the car while he was getting ready. Nope not going.

Normal school tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Ice cancelled Sunday sevices for us too but we wouldn't have gone anyway because we are all sick. 

I am hoping to double up on read alouds today since its one of the few things any of us is up for. I'd like to find a couple of documentaries to go along with our geography so we can just sit and watch but its much better than them watching Capt. Underpants. 🙄 

• Like 1

We got snow! We can't go out and play in it because we are still feeling lousy. 

More read alouds today and educational TV. The kids don't even want to draw, they are so miserable. When ds got out of the shower yesterday he said, "for some reason, that shower really wore me out." Poor guy! 😞  

• Like 1

Revising, revising, revising. School is getting done. I am busting my tail to get through to the next chapter which puts me at the halfway point. Kind of ready for some warm weather and sunshine already. It's sunny today, but everything is flooded because it rained all of yesterday.

• Like 1

Things will get better, HSL. 

Daddy/Daughter day didn't go as plan.

I had a doctor's appointment.  They went out for donuts while I was there 

Came home to get laundry but DH wanted to rest. They watched a science show and cuddled instead.

He took a nap for awhile. I did calendar, weather, Bible stories and memory verse with her.

We played some games.

He took her out to ride her bike and played multiple games including a memory game.

They are watching a movie together right now. 

• Like 2

All us sickies slept in super late this morning and I am just letting them do whatever they want sans screens for a while. Currently, they have Lumi Dough projects baking in the oven and are playing Lego. I'm happy with that.

I'm working on a menu and grocery list. I'm hoping I have the energy for one small grocery store this afternoon and maybe by tomorrow, I'll be ready to conquer the dreaded Walmart. 

I also have the modest goals of running the dishwasher and doing a load of towels laundry today. This cold has been a butt kicker, as far as energy goes. 

• Like 1

Good luck on your potential auto sales, HSL! 

I am currently listening to hold music. On the phone with health insurance. A dreaded task for all, I am sure. 😰 

The kids are building forts and getting along nicely. We'll do some schoolwork at some point. Just hit the basics.

I'm feeling better, just extremely weak. (I didn't make it to the store yesterday, I fell asleep on the couch.) I will venture out today because ds has 5 holds ready at the library. But that should be fine. I can just sit and rest while the kids play and gather books. 😊 

• Like 1

Library today in a different town.

Park temps in the 50's today. Getting her outside because tomorrow is snow.

Lego Club at the library in our town. She does it with Daddy.

She watched math and phonics shows earlier. I also did math orally with her.

Daddy got an Aladdin (not Disney) book to read tonight and I got her a book she will read to Dad at bedtime. 

DH goes to work for the next 4 days so its lots of Daddy time on his days off.

Since tomorrow is snow 3-6 inches maybe more I am contemplating if I will drive him tomorrow (before it starts) so I can get to the market or not.

• Like 2

Tonight after her bath she decided she wanted to read several books on her own. These are ones she has read well before but for her wanting to read for fun is new.

Bedtime so Daddy is going to read the "Bedtime Blessing" book and then Aladdin.

Right now I'm putting rollers in her hair.

• Like 1

So apparently, yesterday's plan to "hit the basics" with regard to schoolwork meant "only do one math lesson with ds." 😰 

We did make it to the library so they've gotten a bunch of really good books and are learning a lot there. Ds learned what reluctant means and dd has been compiling info about sights to see in various states. She wants a vacation as badly as I do! 

We are getting ice right now and it's supposed to snow the majority of the day. So I guess we're not going anywhere.

I definitely want to do memory work, Spelling, Math, handwriting, and read alouds with ds. Dd needs to do memory work, spelling, writing, math, and handwriting. It seems weird to do school lessons one day and then have the weekend free but I actually think it will be a good way to ease back into it.

Maybe I'll have the kids do some snow day arts and crafts this afternoon. 

Have a good weekend everyone!

It's been snowing for hours here and suppose to continue all day.

DH took the car this morning. DD6 wanted to stay home and sleep in. Woke back up 3 hours after he left.

Grocery shopping tomorrow instead.

No storytime today or any other regular Friday things.

Unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. Folded and put away our laundry.

School wise we have done memory verse, Bible stories, calendar and weather.

She has gotten buckets of snow to play in on the tile. (Needed to mop anyway).

She is eating and listening to "My Father's Dragon ".

She needs to do Blend Phonics Lessons and Stories, read to me, do her math and practice her writing. 

• Like 1