Menu

Is anyone using SWB's book "History of the Ancient World" for older students?

Jane

I didn't realize she had this in print. <blush> With all this talk about history spines, is anyone using "History of the Ancient World?" I am now debating whether I should go cheap with my 8th grader's Ancient's plans for next year by pulling together my own resources & creating my own curriculum. I already own Greenleaf Press Guides, a good Encyclopedia, & a number of great literature selections. I thought maybe I could use SWB's book as the history spine for my older child(ren) and SOTW, Volume I for my younger children.

Thoughts?

Several are using it on the high school board. There are a couple of recent threads - even a mid-year exam in one.

I'm debating between using Spielvogel, History of the Ancient World, or thegreatbooks.com for 9th grade next year. Honestly, unless ds really just loves HoAW, I doubt it will be the winner - because it is just *so* detailed (over 700 pages). It might be he will like the detail (the story of Hammurabi's rise to power that isn't in any other source, for example), IDK.

Edited by Rhondabee

we are planing to use it next year along with spielvogel, and the great books.

Me, too, with Omnibus I.

I am not really sure what to do with the book, and are hoping that the newest edition of WTM will shed some light on how to use "History of the Ancient World"

SWB, Hint, hint. Get going on study guide & tests so I don't have to THINK so much!! :)

I'm loving HOAW. Her writing style rocks. Not your typical facts/figures/dates/places history text. :thumbup: