Menu

Help a non-traveller plan....

Laurel-in-CA

Travelling is not my favorite thing, but we have some air travel credits from a cancelled trip that must be used before April 1. 15yo dd wants to go to Hawaii and I am finding it so hard to take the steps to make it happen. Can you help me with some positive and/or low-cost lodging ideas for Oahu in March? Help this non-traveller plan something for the sake of the rest of the family!

• Like 1

If I were you, I'd look for an all inclusive resort.  All the food and drinks and pending the resort, a lot of free fun activities too.  If you don't care about having to deal with all that, then some of the airbnb options are amazing and affordable.  Call a travel agent.  I've found funjet travel helpful.  I can call them and while on the phone look at the resorts/hotels they ar suggesting on TripAdvisor.   Think a bit about what you want.  Beachfront? Spa? Quiet or active?  Excursions you think are must do? Absolutely get travel insurance.  It's worth the cost to know that if someone wakes up with the flu or has a car wreck, you're only out a small percentage for the trip if you need to cancel. 

We love the Hawaiian Princess (HP) condos around Waianae which is considered a “rough” part of Oahu. We didn’t feel unsafe there at all but did get around mostly by car. I actually like the area quite a bit.

The views will knock your socks off. So gorgeous. Right on the beach. Big, private lanais. Very reasonable.

Disney Aulani resort and Fairmont Orchid are not too far away. Nice swimming beaches there. The beach in front of HP is swimmable if calm but can be rough in winter. There’s a neighboring beach that’s calm.

We used vrbo.