Menu

Accountability Thread 1/20-1/26

Good morning! It's freezing outside and there's snow plastered in various spots across the yard. We didn't get much. It's pretty, but it is so cold! Going to be wet after a while. Sun is out.

Today's schedule: Grocery shopping, and I need to make chili. Only I think I may have forgotten the ground beef. That could be a problem. Other than that, writing. School on Monday.

• Like 1

It is cold. Snow was melting here today. Icey earlier on not so much tonight.

We has church this morning.

Lunch with Daddy

Story time at library with crafts. She also spent time playing with the kids beforehand. 

Crafts with audiobook when we got home. 

Regular school day tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Good morning! We were supposed to go on a field trip today but the other family is sick and they really want to reschedule. So we'll wait for them to be feeling better.

Since the kids were not planning on regular school work today, the disappointment is real. So I'm going to let them do a self directed learning day. They can do some kitchen science projects, lots of messy art, and whatever else peaks their interest, as long as I can record it as school. 😉 

• Like 1

We're trying not to freeze today. It's very cold and windy, and the order of the day seems to be feeding the fire and eating. Boys did some school this morning, and have the rest of the day off. I've got errands to run in town in a bit. Wrote 2K on a story this morning, and will be revising this afternoon.

• Like 1

Good Afternoon, 

She has done calendar,  weather, countdown to HS Co-op on Thursday and Bible story with memory verse.

Eye doctor appointment for DH so DD took her Horizon math to do there.

Right now she is watching how to bake different things on YouTube. She wants to learn to do that.

Needs to do writing and phonics with reading.  Read alouds by audiobooks or us.

Tomorrow is daddy/daughter day. So DH is in charge of school and what is taught.

• Like 2

Daddy did several science experiments with DD6 plus watching science shows that pertain to the experiments. She loves this, science is her favorite. Plus she got to cuddle with Dad while watching shows.

He took her out for lunch. Just the two of them. Then visited a pet store to see the animals.  

It's cold and raining today.

Storytime with craft at local library. She played awhile with other kids there.

Gets to rock out with Daddy and his music.

Daddy helped her make homemade playdoh then played with it with her.

Daddy will do read alouds at bedtime. 

• Like 2

Good morning! Full school day here again. Just a regular 'ol Wednesday. 😊 

Memory work, language arts, math (ds is already working on this now), science, geography, exercise, piano practice, art, reading.

We have an errand to run later so we might spend an hour at the library while we are out. Monday has been our usual library day lately but they were closed for MLK Day this week. 

• Like 2

Morning. It's cold, but we didn't get any snow with the rain that came through last night. Today's schedule: School for the boys (Latin, Math, Grammar, Literature, History/Science). For me: A little cooking, cleaning. Also the perpetual writing and rewriting and revising that is the order of the day for the foreseeable future. Had a cute idea for an MG fantasy today, and sketched it out for working on later this summer. I now have every NaNo camp and NaNoWriMo booked with a different project this year. Sigh. Too many ideas, and not enough time!

• Like 2

Good morning! 

Placing grocery and warehouse store pickups this morning for tomorrow when we'll be in the city for dh's medical appointment. There's one aspect of technology I'm finding to be a time saver rather than a time suck. 🤣

Full school day today: Memory work, language arts, math, geography, science, exercise, piano practice, poetry tea, and reading.

• Like 1

Morning. It's cold.

Today we have Latin, Math, Literature, Grammar, History/ Science. I have...revising. And writing. And I'm going to make a dent in my closet before the pile of art and writing things, not to mention books, avalanches and cripples a cat.

• Like 1

Medical appointment in the city today. I did warehouse grocery pickup and regular grocery pickup while he was at his appt. Such a time saver! 

I think I can count 3 hours of reading today for school because the kids just rode along in the car and read the whole time. School in the car with actual lessons is hard if I'm driving. Which, these days I'm always driving. If we can do a subject in a waiting room, coffee shop, library, or park or something, then school on the go is great. 

• Like 1

Good Morning,

We are home today, no car.

It is regular school. I am stopping phonics lessons for a little while (DD6 was soooooo thankful for that) and just have her read and watch phonics videos. Need to also do Horizon Math lesson and practice writing.We also practice and review past memory verses and poems on Saturdays. We will cuddle and do read alouds and Bible stories. Calendar and weather.

Chores

Play board and card games.

Audiobooks and art.

Yesterday, we did Bible stories, memory verse, calendar, weather and she read to me and watched phonics videos. Daddy did read alouds and "Bedtime Blessing" book.

Edited by Mommyof1
  • Like 2