Menu

Resources for programming in Python

CodeMonkey has some sets that have beginning python.  My 13 year old has worked through a lot of it this year and has learned a lot.  My ds also received a book called Mission Python from his brother for Christmas which is a step by step guide to building a game in Python. He hasn't worked through it very far yet so the jury is still out but it gets good reviews.

Edited by JanOH
  • Like 1

Well, I teach an online class, so if that is what you are looking for - I can help. Each module has one main project which I show how to do (recorded videos). 

If you are looking for free or cheap, Codeacademy has tutorials in Python. And of course, there are many books you can find on Amazon. So if your child doesn't need his work graded and he won't need help as he works through the tutorials, that would be the way to go. My sons taught themselves every language but the first one (I gave them a book which was a  course in Visual Basic) - so it is very doable

Edited by merylvdm
  • Like 1