Menu

Playing all the Board Games

JustEm

My brother is currently unemployed, so he is coming over more often. We have been playing board games a lot when he visits.

Over the last month or so, we've played:

Rumble: a really fun game. My brother is definitely the champion of this one though.

Dragonwood: a good card strategy game. 

Ticket to Ride (Europe edition): One of my kids doesn't like this game - she finds it boring in the middle, but she was convinced to play last week. She wiped the board with us. 

Masterpiece: an art appreciation buying/selling game. 

Rubik's Flip: a 2 person logic puzzle game. We didn't really like this one. 

Anyone have any ideas on games that can be played with 4-6 teens in about 1/2 hour at co-op? A group of them have a free hour right after lunch, and they have been playing games during it. It can't have any magic elements (my kids took Dragonwood a couple of weeks ago but thought better of it before they took it out). So far, they've been playing 4 way chess (one kid is way better than the rest, so they stopped playing that), lots of Uno, Bananagrams, and Hearts. They are looking for some other options.

I've recommended Querkle, but does anyone have any other thoughts? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, beckyjo said:

Anyone have any ideas on games that can be played with 4-6 teens in about 1/2 hour at co-op? A group of them have a free hour right after lunch, and they have been playing games during it.

Fluxx could definitely work. 

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beckyjo said:

Anyone have any ideas on games that can be played with 4-6 teens in about 1/2 hour at co-op? A group of them have a free hour right after lunch, and they have been playing games during it. It can't have any magic elements (my kids took Dragonwood a couple of weeks ago but thought better of it before they took it out). So far, they've been playing 4 way chess (one kid is way better than the rest, so they stopped playing that), lots of Uno, Bananagrams, and Hearts. They are looking for some other options.

All of these are fast, and could be picked up/set down as needed:

Pit -- best for at least 5 plays, and 6-8 is really great; collect all of the same type of card by trading (loudly, lol) with others
5 Crowns -- drawing/discarding card game until you get the sets and/or runs needed to go down
Rook -- bidding/trick-taking card game
Nertz (or, Speed Demon) -- each person has a deck of cards and plays solitaire, but everyone jointly can build up on the aces in the center; fast paced!
Boggle -- how many words can you find and jot down; each person would need paper/pencil
Catch Phrase -- giving clues / guessing words and phrases before the timer goes off
Farkle, or, Fill Or Bust -- roll dice and different combinations are worth different points
Jenga -- stacking blocks challenge
Speed Stacking -- actually a competitive sport; timed challenge of stacking/restacking cups in a pattern (watch the video at that link) 

Edited by Lori D.
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2019 at 9:34 AM, beckyjo said:

My brother is currently unemployed, so he is coming over more often. We have been playing board games a lot when he visits.

Over the last month or so, we've played:

Rumble: a really fun game. My brother is definitely the champion of this one though.

Dragonwood: a good card strategy game. 

Ticket to Ride (Europe edition): One of my kids doesn't like this game - she finds it boring in the middle, but she was convinced to play last week. She wiped the board with us. 

Masterpiece: an art appreciation buying/selling game. 

Rubik's Flip: a 2 person logic puzzle game. We didn't really like this one. 

I've recommended Querkle, but does anyone have any other thoughts? 

Telestrations is a good one.

Dutch Blitz.

• Like 1