Menu

Year End Review/Looking Forward - Day 28

Granny_Weatherwax

I'm trying to just chill out at work until I finish the certificate program I'm working on. If all goes well, that should happen late summer. 

After that, I don't know . . . I'll try to make something happen? I'm trying to figure out whether to place a higher priority on staying with my current employer -- where I love my co-workers and truly believe in the mission of the organization but am feeling bored and kind of stifled professionally -- or on making some kind of personal and professional progress that might require leaving this otherwise great situation. 

In some ways, I've never been happier in a workplace. After almost three years, some of my co-workers have become real friends, and I get genuine satisfaction out of using my talents and skills in service of a cause I care about. But, after almost three years, I'm topping out what I can do in the role and am frustrated by the lack of options for growth. I can't imagine leaving, and I can't imagine spending the remaining 12-15 years of my career stuck in this rut.

Maybe my goal should be achieving clarity regarding what's most important to me.