Menu

Narcissistic mother-in-law and aunt called cps on us.

homemommy83

1 minute ago, freesia said:

We aren't trying to pile on, only explain how you might have misinterpreted the post.  It feels as though you are trying to pick a fight.

No, I was the one who BELIEVED homemommy that someone called CPS bc of a heating issue, only to be called a liar.

Other people are the ones who think people don't call CPS over heating issues.

so who is try ing to pick a fight? Me, who BELIEVED homemommy?

Pig world

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, unsinkable said:

1. when I was young,  I was babysitting for a certain family. A good friend of mine and I used to share this job but my friend's mom wouldn't let her go anymore bc the family's furnace kept breaking. Once, after I had babysat, my friend's mom asked me if the furnace was working, I said no, and she called CPS.

2. A family member told me a neighbor had called CPS bc when the neighbor was bringing her (FM's) kids home from school, the kids were complaining that they didn't want to go home bc the house was so cold. The neighbor asked my family member if they had heat, FM said no, furnace was broken. FM said the neighbor tried for days to help her but FM refused ( "it was none of her business"). Neighbor then called CPS.

3. Recently, I ran into a woman I knew from church at the laundromat. She was washing all her linens in anticipation of a follow up home check bc her mother (the woman's mother) had called CPS because their furnace was broken.

This is so sad that people didn't get proper heat in their home, a furnace is only one way to do that...yes it is the easiest to deal with, but proper space heaters or electric fireplaces work amazingly well to.  We have been using Eden Pure heaters which are amazing-vool to touch but 2 heat our entire house to 70 on cold nights.

I understand you were saying that if someone thought we had no heat...they would call...we do have heat.  Secondly the main complaint was no food in the house...which was laughable...we keep a huge huge pantry...

Brenda

• Like 4

This issue officially over as cps found the complaint completely unfounded, and after my husband spoke to his mother and she spoke the way she did...with no concern for the children...saying she knows she is capable and everything points to his aunt ....she just cannot go no contact with her....she kept saying that she needed a husband..ect...so he told her we would be officially no contact with her as well.  He warned her of what he was worried about...that when she didn't just suspect her..but fully believed it ....that she should get an officer to get her out of her house before telling her as she will become violent.  

Thank you to all of you ladies for taking your time and helping me through this emotionally.  

Please pray that her lying lips are closed and cannot bring more problems.  Pray for us to find the house the Lord wants us to move into quickly.  Also, pray that the children go through these transitions with as much peace as possible.

God Bless all you and I hope that you have a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.

Brenda

• Like 7

7 hours ago, scoutingmom said:

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry this happened to you.  It is really stressful having cfs called on you, even when it is totally unfounded.  

We also still have to wait until the full 30 days is over for them to close the case, and I cannot wait for that.

Thank you for your no d post, and I hope that you have a Merry Christmas.

Brenda

• Like 1