Menu

PSA: Target Black Friday

Slache

1 minute ago, Quill said:

Oh! That’s super unfortunate! 

We were supposed to get shoes today so I told my husband I was really upset that they delivered the wrong packages and he took them to the car so he can "take them back to the post office." I don't know if it worked. They've been asking for scooters and we got 2 scooters in their favorite colors. Hopefully they're not as smart as I think they are.

• Haha 3

That stinks!

Since it happened, maybe you can be creative wrapping the presents so they can’t figure out which ones are which are the tree.  Take the presents from the box they came in and wrap in a cereal box or something.  Just trying to think of a way to salvage some of the surprise when the kids open their presents.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, school17777 said:

That stinks!

Since it happened, maybe you can be creative wrapping the presents so they can’t figure out which ones are which are the tree.  Take the presents from the box they came in and wrap in a cereal box or something.  Just trying to think of a way to salvage some of the surprise when the kids open their presents.

I'm not putting them out because the scooters are very particularly shaped. We're just going to put them together and set them out Christmas morning.

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

We were supposed to get shoes today so I told my husband I was really upset that they delivered the wrong packages and he took them to the car so he can "take them back to the post office." I don't know if it worked. They've been asking for scooters and we got 2 scooters in their favorite colors. Hopefully they're not as smart as I think they are.

Hopefully your ploy worked!  Since scooters are too big to switch to another box, maybe you could find small toy ones and wrap those in a random box instead and the kids will be surprised when they don’t see them under the tree.  Then pull out the scooters after they open the fake ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

Sometimes websites will say that items are going to be in their original packing during checkout. I don’t know if Target gives you a heads up. It would be easy to miss that notice but just throwing that out there in case you order more from them. Maybe you can do a test run with the same items in your cart. 

I ordered a table top tree from Target (40% less than store price, woot) and it was VERY clearly stated that it would come in its original packaging and that there would be no way to hide the contents. I thought it was nice of them. :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, school17777 said:

Hopefully your ploy worked!  Since scooters are too big to switch to another box, maybe you could find small toy ones and wrap those in a random box instead and the kids will be surprised when they don’t see them under the tree.  Then pull out the scooters after they open the fake ones.

This is such a cute idea!