Menu

The I Don't Know Teachers Lounge 11-19-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Happy Monday and Welcome to the Lounge!

Today's "theme" stems from the fact that I didn't know what theme to make the Lounge today. ?

Anyway .. . 

What family events, besides T-day meal, do you have planned this week? Here: after we take the turkey over to my sister's on Wednesday (so she can put the bird in the oven the next morning),
the four of us (me, dh, and the dc) are planning to go see a movie. We enjoy going to see movies on holidays together. Glad there are some decent films to choose from these days! I have yet to decide if I want to go out on Black Friday or not. 

What's on schedule for today? Here: today is my admin day. I spend a couple of hours in the morning planning out the week. It works in theory, not always in reality. ? Later I have a doctor's appt, follow up to my recent hospital stay. Hoping we're moving forward. Then tonight I'll go hang out with some fellow and sister writers to work on our various NaNoWriMo projects.

Anyone start a Christmas wish list yet? Here: me! But there are very few material things I actually want: an essential oil travel case (which is on its way here), a new book by a favorite author, and another shelving unit for my home apothecary. And maybe some erasable FriXion pens. Oh, and there's a job I want in another state. I keep praying they'll extend an invitation to interview soon. 

Talk to me! ?

• Like 2

Good morning! We have no family events planned this week other than Thanksgiving. It's a calm week. 

Today: School 2 kiddos, take one to dr. appointment, do laundry and cook dinner

Wish list: not me. Not really big into gifts for me. Kids have started theirs and a plan is starting to appear for Christmas Shopping which I would like to have done by Dec 2. 

• Like 2

Good afternoon! It's a beautiful day here after a week of dreary cold rain. 

My dad and younger sister come tomorrow as well as dd coming home from college. So it will be nice to have them here a bit more than just for Thanksgiving. We don't have specific plans for Wednesday yet because it will depend on how my dad is feeling. He is in chemo for Hodgkins. He had his third treatment last week and is now starting to feel a bit weaker. He's been good so far, and this is is first side effects symptom. 

Today is school and clean house. Ds needs to finish up a few things before our break this week. Dh is teaching today and tomorrow. 

I gave my MIL a couple of ideas, but that's all. I'm really hard to buy for because I don't want much to start with, and the things I do want are things I'd like to pick out myself. 

• Like 1