Menu

The Keeping the Focus Teachers Lounge 10-25-2018

scrapbookbuzz

Hello, good morning, and welcome to the Lounge!

We have some rather tart, organic granny smith (straight from the tree) in the Lounge today. We also have coffee, loose leaf tea, and water available.
Plus some dark chocolate peppermint real creamer for the coffee, if you'd like. Help yourself! Oh, yes, there are some snack size Butterfingers and 
Reese's Peanut Butter cups in the freezer. Anyone need chocolate?

Today's theme stems from the fact that I need to even remind myself to focus on TODAY, not tomorrow or yesterday, but TODAY. I did fairly well with that yesterday.
Today I'm finding it a bit more difficult but I need to do it for my own sanity. I think I've decided to not take the kids up north to see the trees today. I'd like to but this where
focusing on TODAY but somewhat having to think a few days from now gets tricky. While I have the gas and a bit of cash so spend on that sort of trip as of today, I don't want to 
short myself next week before payday comes. And now is where I hear the responses of, "Well, if only you'd save some money" or "I have a great business idea that can help", etc.
Thanks but no thanks. I have saved money only to have to turn around and use it - for food and bills. Business ideas are great....IF I would actually pursue them consistently. But I don't.
TODAY is all I have anyway and TODAY I keep the focus on that and the promise God gives for providing for all of our needs. I don't honestly know what that looks like until it happens yet it does happen. And I must trust in that because I know it's true.

What do you need to keep your focus on today? Here: see above.

What life lesson(s) are you learning recently? Here: see above.

What threatens to derail your focus? Here: worry. Worry is a thief. Steals all your joy and steals your focus on the present. Today, I choose to BE PRESENT. I choose to focus on TODAY and what 
I CAN DO today.

Talk to me! ?

GOOD points!! 

Yes worry is a big trouble of mine.  Quiet a few things are causing me worry today (& everyday).  I just keep trying to remind myself God is watching over us and taking care of us.  

I am also feeling overwhelmed.  The house is junky.  We have way to much stuff and I am ready to get rid of it but worry holds me back.  Some financial stuff is worrying me and Christmas is 2 months from today. 

But today I will focus on today.  What can I do today to make things better.  Pick a spot in the house and try to make it better.

• Like 1

Depending on pain levels etc. I might only be focusing on the next 5 minutes.  Right now 20 minutes is my sweetspot - not because of pain but because I tend to get distracted with longer periods of time (Squirrel!)  I often put on a timer for whatever time period I need and do a task for that period.  Which reminds me. . . ready, set, go! 

• Like 1