Menu

Shower faucet, shower head recommendation?

Arcadia

When we redid did our bathrooms, we went to one of those high end stores where they sold faucets, sinks, cabinets etc. Our contractor said the faucets you buy there have all metal parts, no plastic, and last much longer. All the brands you mention make stuff specifically for the box stores and higher end stuff for the specialty stores. Yes, we paid a little more but are happy with what we got. Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2018 at 4:10 PM, May said:

Our contractor said the faucets you buy there have all metal parts, no plastic, and last much longer.

Thanks.

We went to Home Depot for our kids to look see and the staff there recommended a mom and pop plumbing store. The plumbing store recommended us to another mom and pop plumbing store who is a Kohler rep to see if he could get us the spare part we need. We also were told about the new California standards for shower heads by the plumbing store. We were looking to replace the spoilt faucet and still working shower head at the same time if possible.

”Details on the new standards:

...To increase water savings over time, the standard for showerheads will change to 1.8 gallons per minute maximum flow rate starting July 1, 2018 – making this the most stringent standard in the country.” https://www.energy.ca.gov/releases/2015_releases/2015-08-12_approval_new_water_standards_nr.html

What do you value in a shower experience?   We like Kohler because you can always find parts. Delta is pretty good too.

That said, we moved into 1.25gpm shower heads and I'm really quite content. The water pressure is good and the price at $8 is pretty unbelievable.

https://www.amazon.com/Niagara-Earth-Massage-1-25GPM-showerhead/dp/B003UQ17O4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540242235&sr=8-1&keywords=shower+heads+1.25gpm

That doesn't solve your shower faucet problem, but I wanted to toss that out there...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

What do you value in a shower experience?  

That doesn't solve your shower faucet problem, but I wanted to toss that out there...

Thanks.

The shower head is for my husband and DS13. DS12 and I prefer bubble bath. 

My husband managed to buy the replacement plastic part for $3 from the second mom and pop plumber store that is a Kohler rep. We still intend to change the faucet and shower head. It has been 12 years so we don’t mind changing anyway.