Menu

s/o- accurate digital thermometer?

Peaceseeker

Does anyone have a recommendation for an accurate digital thermometer?  I seem to buy a lot of lemons.  I had one good one when the kids were little and I can't remember the brand.  Even highly reviewed ones on Amazon will have a several reviewers saying the temps are inaccurate.  

Does anyone know of a good brand or have a family favorite?

Edited by CaliforniaDreamin

Food thermometer? My thermapen is great but it was a hostess gift from a dear nephew and I’d be hard pressed to spend that much myself. 

Eta: Oh! That kind! My youngest is 24 so it didn’t even occur to me that you meant that kind! sorry- my idea is useless.g 

Edited by Annie G
  • Haha 1

Yeah my food thermometer works great and it was just a cheap off the shelf spur of the moment purchase.  Why can't they make body temperature thermometers that accurate???

I am one of those people who is terrible at reading mercury thermometers.  I don't have great eyesight so maybe I can blame that.

Edited by CaliforniaDreamin

Hmm. Well, I have a digital basal body one for me and one of those ones you stick in the ear for everyone else. If I had littles, I'd get one of those quick across the forehead ones that our pediatrician office swears by. But, my youngest is 9, so I'll stick with the ear one and just take multiple readings. (And use my hand, when necessary.)

On 10/18/2018 at 11:44 PM, Seasider too said:

Rootann  if you like yours and it is reliable, could you please share the brand name? Of the basal body temp one?

It is a generic Walgreens one. (Says "Walgreens") I've not had any luck with the ones that are accurate to the hundredths place. (I don't take my temp consistently at one particular time each day, so I couldn't tell you how "reliable" it is.) The ones that seem to be good for me read only to the tenths place.