Menu

Anyone doing a practical placement or field work?

I'm doing some field work in my first grad course. It's great to be out in a work setting learning to do new challenges with the support of a professor and classmates to fall back on for suggestions and ideas. Anyone else doing field work or a placement? 

The best part for me is that I'm closer to the same age as the people in the work force and the professor, and have a lot in common with them; more so that back before kids when I was working full-time. The tougher part is that my class mates are in their 20s, no kids, etc. They have additional courses and theses to worry about, whereas I only have the one course (plus my homeschooling and part-time work). I'm very happy with only taking one course and having a wonderful home life to keep me grounded. ☺️   

• Like 1

Not anymore, but field placements were the very best part of grad school. Also helped me find and fine-tune my niche, which has been helpful since graduation. It does help to be a little older. I’m sure there’s a tipping point when it becomes unhelpful, but thankfully I haven't found it yet. LOL. 

• Like 1