Menu

Accountability Thread 10/14-10/20

Good morning. I woke up with a terrific headache that won't quit. Not the most auspicious way to begin the week, but that's the way it is at the change of the seasons. It had been raining for a day or two, and turning colder. I think summer has finally waved the white flag.

Today's schedule: Laundry, Grocery, Writing, Sketching. The boys want to go boat, but it's unpleasantly raw right now. Maybe this afternoon?

• Like 1

Good Morning,

DH home and sick so he is still in bed asleep.

School done so far is Bible stories, memory verse, calendar and weather with Halloween countdown, read alouds and Phonics Pathways.

Breakfast, cartoons with lots of free play.

Needs to do math, read to me and writing practice.

Games, arts and crafts.

Cold outside today

• Like 2

Mommyof1: my boys' asthma is flaring right now, too.  I'm blaming the unseasonably cold temps. They breathe better in warm air. I actually turned on the furnace in the house the last 2 nights to help them and I usually don't have to turn it on until November. Maybe Halloween some years.

Well, with the boys not feeling well and dd has a full blown cold with a low grade fever, no school bookwork happened yesterday. I did lots of reading out loud through the day, they watched lots of science videos, the toddler did some letter recognition games on his learning tablet from the library, and the big kids did lots of drawing. 

I also had time to do a bunch of laundry and bake some yummy treats to cheer everyone up. Today, I'm going to try bread! ? Wish me luck!

• Like 1

MrsRobinson warm moist air helps here. I had the warm mist humidifier going in her room.

DH is feeling worse so just me and DD5 hanging out. DH is resting and sleeping as much as his coughing lets him.

DD and I are going to story time at the nearby library this morning. Crafts are included.

DD has been resistant to school lately but this morning I had her do calendar, weather pic, practice writing her letters, watch Animal Wonders Montana on YouTube and Whats in the Bible with Buck Denver dvd.

Will do Phonics Pathways and have her read to me. We will do read alouds and some games.

Maybe a park visit if it gets warm enough.

• Like 2

Good morning! I'm hoping the kids are feeling better today but its 8:30 and only the toddler is awake so, who knows? Might be another read aloud/ science video day. 

Regardless of what the kids are up to, I'm going to have to do some major cleaning today. Since they have been sick, I got off track on my cleaning schedule and the house looks terrible! That will be fixed today! This afternoon when dh is home from work, I'll also mow the grass and do the grocery shopping. 

• Like 1

Morning! Standard school day ahead for us> Latin, Math, Literature, Grammar, History/Science. I haven't been hammering writing so far this year, mostly because the boys are busy with creative writing projects, and so am I. 

For me: I have poetry to submit to a magazine, two new first chapters to write, two new query letters to write, and character work to do. Plus I need to finish a scene for my graphic novel and see about scanning it into the computer for playtime with the paint program. Fun city!

• Like 1

Yesterday was babysitting then library. Reading, reading, reading always follows a trip to the library. Fine by me!

Today was go to work with dad day while mom does the seasonal clothing switch for 5 people, 3 of whom are growing like weeds, so its also looking at every tag to check size and making list of what clothing gaps they have. Clothes shopping this weekend... ? I hate shopping!