Menu

App for keeping track of books read?

happypamama

Does this app exist?

-Scans the books’ barcodes and finds the information

-Lets me scan the book and then easily select any number of people’s lists to which to add it. So if I read a book to sons 2, 3, and 4, I would like to be able to scan the book and then select those sons and have the book go to each of their lists without needing to scan the book more than once.

-Lets me print the list. 

-Preferably lets me print the list by dates. 

-Works on various mobile devices and syncs across them, and should also be accessible via laptop (like OneNote does).

GoodReads let’s you select as many shelves as you want per book.  I have one for each of my kids. I use it on my phone and laptop. You can scan books and sort by date added or date read. You can add multiple dates read (although I don’t think I can put one date for one kid and a different date for another). There is a place to write personal notes though.  I’ve never tried printing but assume you can from a computer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rachel said:

GoodReads let’s you select as many shelves as you want per book.  I have one for each of my kids. I use it on my phone and laptop. You can scan books and sort by date added or date read. You can add multiple dates read (although I don’t think I can put one date for one kid and a different date for another). There is a place to write personal notes though.  I’ve never tried printing but assume you can from a computer. 

Ooooh, that sounds like it would work.  I'll download it and see.  Thanks!  Sure seemed to me that there would already be something like that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, happypamama said:

I can print from GoodReads!  Yay!  Thanks for the suggestion!

I’m glad it worked out! I love GR but I use it for myself not specifically my kids, so I’m glad the features were what you were looking for. 

• Like 2