Menu

I want to buy my friend's son

a wooden world map puzzle, detailed. I saw one years ago in a Montessori classroom (we got it from the primary school room for an autistic 4yo who was awesome at it). I've been looking online and just can't find one that is as nice.

The boy is 6 in January.

If you don't know about that, have you seen, irl, the big foam floor map ones? Would that be good, you think?

We have had several foam floor puzzles (one a map) and they have not lasted long. They bend fairly easily when put away in a box making them useless for the next time. And, if there are any younger kids in the house, they tend to become teething rings and chokeables.

I think a wooden one would be a much nicer gift. Where to find one...now that is another story.

I have a few wooden maps from Montessori-n-such. They are like the ones you find in a montessori classroom, but not as expensive as the ones you would buy from a traditional Montessori classroom supplier like

here is a link for Montessori-n-such geography stuff

Nienhuis Montessori USA has the stuff you would find in a classroom, but they are very expensive. Here is a link so you can see their stuff. I get their catalogs, and the prices come in a separate catalog list..that's how expensive it is...sorry I can't find my price list, I threw it out...

I liked the quality of the montessori-n-such maps, they are very nice.

From your subject line, at first I thought you wanted to buy your friend's son ...!

Yeah, I caught that later. Silly! Anyway, I'm in the market if anyone DOES want to sell their kids. My friend says I might be able to homeschool her little boy but I can't HAVE him :(

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'm looking through them.