Menu

Weird text message of the day

SquirrellyMama

:i agree: (need that smilie back) and the :rofl: one, too. 

Can I share a funny text exchange, too? I was sitting in a restaurant with my DH & all my kids when my cell phone rang several times. Each time, I'd dismiss it because I didn't recognize the #. This happened 2-3x. Then, I got a text that said, "Hello Mother" (followed by two emojis that don't come across because my phone is dumb).

I wrote back, "All of my children are here with me now. I am not your mother."

I heard nothing in reply. The kids thought this was either the funniest thing ever or very creepy. I think it is both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, RootAnn said:

:i agree: (need that smilie back) and the :rofl: one, too. 

Can I share a funny text exchange, too? I was sitting in a restaurant with my DH & all my kids when my cell phone rang several times. Each time, I'd dismiss it because I didn't recognize the #. This happened 2-3x. Then, I got a text that said, "Hello Mother" (followed by two emojis that don't come across because my phone is dumb).

I wrote back, "All of my children are here with me now. I am not your mother."

I heard nothing in reply. The kids thought this was either the funniest thing ever or very creepy. I think it is both.

I'm always so embarrassed when I figure out I've sent a message to a wrong number.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SquirrellyMama said:

I'm always so embarrassed when I figure out I've sent a message to a wrong number.

I don't know about other people, but I get one every other week or so. Last week's was asking for Becky's contact info. I know a lot of Beckys, so I asked which one. The name that came back was not one I knew. They at least said they were sorry to bother me.

I thought I'd messed up the other day when I sent a text to my kids' karate teacher. He replied, "Who is this. I don't recognize the number." How to reply to that-if I did send it to the wrong number? I finally sent "mom of ..." and my kids' names. I was relieved when I got back a "thanks." Whew!