Menu

We have an "Eddie Haskel" in the neighborhood...and I'm NO June Cleaver!

There is a boy in the neighborhood that drives me crazy. Crazy! I tell you. He is a bully, no two ways about it. He has taken over and manipulated or bullied all the boys in the neighborhood. I want to ring his neck. Did I mention he lives across the street. And he speaks to me like he's never said an unkind word to my children.

I have no patience for poorly behaved children. Unless they are my own ;).

ugh, ergh, and blech.

That's all.

Jo

Maybe you should let him know that you know who he is and who you are not . . .

WITH.A.CLUB

:D

Okay, maybe you can dream about it. Just don't tell anyone I'm a Christian. I wouldn't want them to know I think like this occasionally. :lol:

Edited by newlifemom
Oops, forgot a word

I have no patience for poorly behaved children. Unless they are my own ;).

Oh, my tolerance for poorly behaved children isn't limited to those not birthed by me.;)

But seriously. I'd call the kid on his behavior. How about this, the next time he talks to you: "Ya know, Eddie, something's bothering me. And that something is you. I've noticed you aren't very nice to the other guys. But because I like you [you lie like a Persian rug, girlfriend!], and because I know you can be polite, I'm going to help you out. I'm going to keep reminding you to be as polite to those other guys as you are to me. That way they'll be happier, and I'll be happier, and guess what? You'll be happier, too. Because you won't have to have me help you out any more."

I'm serious! And if you can't do it, I'll be forced to come over there myself and take care of it myself.:)

Edited by Colleen

Oh, my tolerance for poorly behaved children isn't limited to those not birthed by me.;)

But seriously. I'd call the kid on his behavior. How about this, the next time he talks to you: "Ya know, Eddie, something's bothering me. And that something is you. I've noticed you aren't very nice to the other guys. But because I like you [you lie like a Persian rug, girlfriend!], and because I know you can be polite, I'm going to help you out. I'm going to keep reminding you to be as polite to those other guys as you are to me. That way they'll be happier, and I'll be happier, and guess what? You'll be happier, too. Because you won't have to me helping you out any more."

I'm serious! And if you can't do it, I'll be forced to come over there myself and take care of it myself.:)

"Gee, Eddie. I'm not sure you should speak to the children that way." Can you see me? Can you see me in my strand of pearls, tiny waste, and high heels?

I should have said something ages ago. Now I'm frustrated and I'm afraid I'll decide to take the light saber out of his hand and break it over my knee. :glare:

He has this aggravating, I'm assuming classroom mentality, that only children of his gender or six months of his date of birth may come near him. Um, we don't roll that way in our family. So naturally my younger children run to join the game and soon find themselves belittled in some way, as the pack laughs. My older two boys always take the side of their siblings which just rankles (that is a word, I'm sure of it) this boy more. He does like hanging out at our house though, and when I come out to scope out the scene, he is just as nice as can be (but has a little trouble making eye contact).

How are those frequent flier miles, Colleen? I may need you.