Menu

Poll on finding a lost driver license

Peaceseeker

What do you do if you find someone's lost driver license?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do when you find someone's lost drivers license on a public sidewalk?

• Stick it in the mail to the address on the license
    • Take it to the local police or DMV
    • Leave it where you found it
    • Obligatory other, feel free to explain

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, happysmileylady said:

I voted other but it just depends on where I am.   In most places, I am probably taking it to someone else. At McDs it’s probably going to a manager.  At a grocery store, the CSR desk. At a park or other  public similar place I might call the police or parks department or something.  In the middle of the road down some random street, honestly I probably leave it there.   

Good point!  Yes if it had been at a store or a restaurant I would have probably taken it to the manager in hopes the person would come back looking.  This was literally on the sidewalk in a large public place with tons of different shops and restaurants.

Edited by CaliforniaDreamin

And I literally made my poll last about 5 minutes and cannot seem to open it back up. My poll is already closed.  First poll fail, lol!  The vote is split three ways between the three voters who made it in before the five minute time limit.   I am laughing so hard I am crying.  Ok, if I can get it together I will try to make another.  I guess once a poll closes you can't edit it to reopen.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

It was found in a local tourist spot and is from a nearby county about an hour and a half away from us.

Maybe you could find their phone number or call the police non-emergency number and ask what you should do with the license. The owner is probably frantic.

• Like 2

I came home to this situation late tonight when I got off work (my husband found the license earlier tonight) and we will do something first thing in the morning.  He thought to just drop it in the mail in the morning to them, I thought it better to bring it to the local police station.  We haven't had any luck finding a phone number.

I think I will probably call the local police in the morning and get their opinion.  It seems risky to me to mail it honestly.  I shall report back their response :)

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

I came home to this situation late tonight when I got off work (my husband found the license earlier tonight) and we will do something first thing in the morning.  He thought to just drop it in the mail in the morning to them, I thought it better to bring it to the local police station.  We haven't had any luck finding a phone number.

I think I will probably call the local police in the morning and get their opinion.  It seems risky to me to mail it honestly.  I shall report back their response ?

I think you’re doing the right thing. By the time the person got it back in the mail, he would probably already have gone to all the trouble of getting a replacement license. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliforniaDreamin said:

And I literally made my poll last about 5 minutes and cannot seem to open it back up. My poll is already closed.  First poll fail, lol!  The vote is split three ways between the three voters who made it in before the five minute time limit.   I am laughing so hard I am crying.  Ok, if I can get it together I will try to make another.  I guess once a poll closes you can't edit it to reopen.

I hadn't actually looked at the voter count and was wondering why a poll was so evenly split 3-ways

• Haha 2

when I was a new driver, I apparently dropped my license - which I didn't realize until it showed up in the mail.

one reason you need to keep your current address on it  (you're supposed to change the address on your license when you move- discounted rate).