Menu

Creative Writing Teacher

My dd really loves writing and wants to be an author. She wants a teacher who can read what she's written and give feedback and constructive criticism. Is there something like that online? I'm hoping to find something in person. But if not, online will do. I'd like to find someone who loves it like she does. 

16 hours ago, Scuff. said:

My dd really loves writing and wants to be an author. She wants a teacher who can read what she's written and give feedback and constructive criticism. Is there something like that online? I'm hoping to find something in person. But if not, online will do. I'd like to find someone who loves it like she does. 

I have one of these kids. I have a friend who is a published author who has done this for my DD previously. (She's pretty busy now, so she doesn't do it anymore.) Her advice was to find a like-minded peer (or slightly older) group that can be a writer's group. So far, no luck in that direction. A couple just-out-of-college writer kids have offered to help with reading through her stories. Do you know any of those locally who might be interested?

Just keep in mind those who want to change things that are uniquely her voice coming through vs. giving tips for developing characters, plot, or 'showing vs. telling.' It is that unique voice that will either make her successful at some point or leave her out in the cold.

Ultimately, I am DD's first 'editor' and I don't love it like she does, so her writing doesn't get the attention it deserves (from me). Good luck!