Menu

Auvi-Q?

Dmmetler

How do you keep these things cool in a hot climate? It is at least 10 degrees above the “short outings” temp here. I can use a cold gel pack, but would it make it too cold? I just got my new prescription, and my allergist is pretty clear that I should carry them because with my autoimmune issues and allergy history my risk of discovering a new LFTA is high. 

We use an insulated carrier.  I don’t put a cold pack in, but we keep it on our body, and we’ve never had a problem.  Sadly, we’ve had to use them, so I know they worked.  

When camping, I worried more, but for day to day life I figure we are in and out of AC enough.

I just googled insulated epipen carriers, but I bet they make some specific to Auvi-Q now too.

our Auvis go in a back pocket, mostly.

I purchased the Large size Frio bag off of Amazon.  It holds 2 Auvi-Q's and inhaler, and Benedryl tablets.  I put everything into a ziploc and then into the Frio. My daughter had it in her backpack during camp and it stayed cold for days.  She was on the beach surfing, on a boat in the middle of the ocean for 10 hours in the sun, etc.  I highly recommend it.