Menu

Cross posted: High School Math for student with dyslexia/handwriting issues

know I read a thread (or more) on this in the past, but I am coming up empty while searching now that I am thinking about upper math for my kid with these issues.

Any suggestions of what worked? What didn't? 

One suggestion that I remember was acting as the student's scribe, so he/she can concentrate on the math, not the writing. I plan to do that.

I would love something that is written to the student, and it doesn't require me to be the "interpreter/teacher." I don't want to explain the why's of high school math; if I ever knew, I've long forgotten. I am fine working through the problems with the sudent; I am actually pretty good at working the problems...just can't explain it.

Thank you. 

Check out Unlock Math. My DD is working through their Geometry this summer and so far, I’m impressed. Students can take their own notes or download/print reference sheets for each lesson. Problems can be worked on scratch paper and answers input into the program. I think it could work well in your situation.