Menu

PSA: Child Safety Alert - 3 year old locked inside LG Front Loading Washing Machine

Lanny

I woke up and looked at the News stories on my phone and read the below article. I turned on my Laptop, so I can post this here on WTM. This episode, which happily ended with the child OK, because their 4 year old told his parents, who were in bed, and she was rescued from the machine.

NOTE:

There is a Child Safety Lock on the LG machine which they are now using.

I suspect this also applies to Front Loading Washing Machines made by Samsung and other companies.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/07/16/woman-describes-3-year-old-daughter-being-freed-from-washing-machine-in-facebook-post.html

Edited by Lanny
Typo - I corrected spelling of one word

Terrible story!. I'm glad the child is okay. We have a front loader too. The thing is I always keep my door open because the last one we had started to smell and get mold from no air circulation. I'm glad they could figure out how to stop it and get the door open. I know how to stop mine but at the moment I don't remember how to get the door to unlock when there is water in it. That is another "safety" feature so you can't open the door and have the room flooded. I wonder how the washer started once she was inside. 

• Like 2