Menu

Barbed wire embedded in my tree

Night Elf

So the tree removal guys are cutting down a tree and reached a point where they found barbed wire inside the tree. They said they'd leave the stump because they didn't want to damage their chainsaw. We have no problem with that. It's within trees in a ditch so it can't be seen. But still, barbed wire IN the tree? Goodness!

Happens lots. At one point the tree was probably used as a fence post. The tree has grown over the wire. 

I have seen seen a tree in the bush ( forest) that has an axe handle poking out. There was a logging camp there in the 30's us locals guess that someone forgot to take their axe out of the stump and the tree has regrow around it during the last 80 years

• Like 2

Back in the 1800's, settlers built a log cabin on our land. The cabin is gone now, but the rock foundation is still there. Nearby, there is a huge tree that has an old horse-drawn plow embedded in the trunk. I'll have to take a picture of it next time I'm down that way.

• Like 2