Menu

Need inspirational paragraphs

So, my older sons needs work on spacing, capitalization and such.  My younger son just needs practice writing.  I'd like to find quotes that are several sentences long, but where the first sentence or one sentence in it can stand alone (so my youngest could just write just that sentence but my older kiddo could write the paragraph.)   That way they could be doing the same work but at different levels.   Inspirational quotes, scriptures, etc. would be great (not poetry because I need it in a paragraph...but prose is fine).

Here's one example I found:  

You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist! The world needs all you can give.

E O Wilson

See how the first sentence "You are capable of more than you know," works by itself?  

Even if it's not the first sentence, if there's a sentence IN the paragraph that works by itself, I could use that (and I'll just make it bold).