Menu

YL Progessence Plus

KeriJ

To be honest, I’m not sure you’re going to find anyone using it here. The board as a general rule leans against MLMs generally.

More specifically, what were hoping the oil was going to fix or address for you? I’d be really careful before I started messing around with hormone levels on my own sans supervision from someone like a doctor or an endocrinologist. It can be easy to reason that it’s “safe” or “more natural” because of who sells it or because it’s OTC or because of what the label reads, but as Mergath points out, since it’s not regulated by the FDA there’s no guarantee that it contains what it says it does or that it will work to address whatever issue you might want addressed.

As for YL specifically, for those who like essential oils here, the consensus I’ve seen is they are generally over priced.

• Like 2

I use it! I just started using it a couple months ago. I don’t sell young living. I bought mine off of eBay because I’m not interested in mlm. My background is that I’m 46, been in peri menopause for a couple years, and have tried several types of hormone replacement therapy. All of those had side effects that I just couldn’t continue. I was getting a bit desperate and decided to try this. I am not a huge oil user. I have a lavender roll on inuse for sinus headaches, but that’s it. So this whole oil idea was pretty new to me. I can tell you that this stuff has worked for me. No more hot flashes, night sweats, and my period is back to be regular and on time instead of skipping months here and there. I put 4 drops on my neck in the morning and that’s it. I would guess the one bottle will last about 6 months. It cost me $43 on eBay. I don’t have any plans to sign up for mlm - I will just buy this as needed. Hope this helps. 

ETA - young living is the only one with this blend. If plant therapy came out with a less expensive version, I’d give it a try. For now, this is the only place with it. It costs about $7 a month.  I was spending $18 on HRT.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, mamaraby said:

More specifically, what were hoping the oil was going to fix or address for you? I’d be really careful before I started messing around with hormone levels on my own sans supervision from someone like a doctor or an endocrinologist. It can be easy to reason that it’s “safe” or “more natural” because of who sells it or because it’s OTC or because of what the label reads, but as Mergath points out, since it’s not regulated by the FDA there’s no guarantee that it contains what it says it does or that it will work to address whatever issue you might want addressed.

I just wanted to address only using a doctor. I spent the entirety of last year only using my doctor to straighten out my hormones. I can tell you that she mainly prescribed different HRT with the instructions to “try them, play with the dosages, get a feel for what is right for you”.  Nothing she prescribed was full proof. Much of it had crazy side effects. I am not really a person that is into oils or even more natural therapies. But I can tell you my frustration of trying many different prescribed therapies only to be left with more troubles. Doctors are not perfect at everything. Sometimes there are alternatives that work better. I’m glad I was willing to try other ideas because I’m feeling much better than I was a year ago. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KeriJ said:

Aaaannnd, I'm guessing my chances of getting an actual response are pretty small now.....

14 hours ago, KeriJ said:

I guess you are assuming I have not heard all this before. ? Thank you for your warnings.

Still stand by my original question.

Keri, Mergath's and mamaraby's posts were pertinent actual responses. And those who speak against these companies, or warn against self-diagnosis and experimental, unregulated treatments, do so not just for your benefit but for the education of anyone who may be reading.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kari C in SC said:

I use it! I just started using it a couple months ago. I don’t sell young living. I bought mine off of eBay because I’m not interested in mlm. My background is that I’m 46, been in peri menopause for a couple years, and have tried several types of hormone replacement therapy. All of those had side effects that I just couldn’t continue. I was getting a bit desperate and decided to try this. I am not a huge oil user. I have a lavender roll on inuse for sinus headaches, but that’s it. So this whole oil idea was pretty new to me. I can tell you that this stuff has worked for me. No more hot flashes, night sweats, and my period is back to be regular and on time instead of skipping months here and there. I put 4 drops on my neck in the morning and that’s it. I would guess the one bottle will last about 6 months. It cost me $43 on eBay. I don’t have any plans to sign up for mlm - I will just buy this as needed. Hope this helps. 

ETA - young living is the only one with this blend. If plant therapy came out with a less expensive version, I’d give it a try. For now, this is the only place with it. It costs about $7 a month.  I was spending $18 on HRT.

Thank you so much for responding!

• Like 1

I use it and I recommend it to my clients (it's great for postpartum support).  It's a really great serum for endocrine system and hormone support.

Personally I use it as-needed.  When I get a hormone headache, from the progesterone drop right before my cycle starts, I use a drop or two on my temples and it helps me tremendously.  I find that for me, using EndoFlex and Thyromin daily have been better support and helped straighten out some things I was experiencing.  It was more about supporting my endocrine system to address it all instead of supplementing progesterone.  

Some ladies find they do well using it daily.  You have to consider what's going on with your body and then work with some different amounts to see what works for you. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tibbie Dunbar said:

Keri, Mergath's and mamaraby's posts were pertinent actual responses. And those who speak against these companies, or warn against self-diagnosis and experimental, unregulated treatments, do so not just for your benefit but for the education of anyone who may be reading.

Wait! Woah! I did not initially realize that both the OP and Keri in SC were both “Keri”s. How serendipitous! 

Also, Kari C - there  you are! I had not seen you since the board change! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Quill said:

Wait! Woah! I did not initially realize that both the OP and Keri in SC were both “Keri”s. How serendipitous! 

Also, Kari C - there  you are! I had not seen you since the board change! 

Yes, I’ve been absent for a long while. No real reason, just life. It’s nice to be remembered. Thanks. 

• Like 1