Menu

Is there a really cheap hotel by Disneyland that's not gross?

We'd love to go to Disneyland, but it's hard to scrape up enough money for a little trip.

We're going to buy Park Hopper passes, use 2 days, and split them with another family for the lowest price on tickets.

I've researched hotels until I'm nearly cross eyed, but don't know which to pick. I'd love to find a cheap hotel, like $60 or so per night, but I don't want roaches or a really nasty hotel. I've read all the websites that show Disney tips.

Does anyone know of a non-nasty hotel semi-close to Disney that's cheap?

I'd appreciate it!

fiddledeedee

We stayed at the Howard Johnson's and found it to be very nice and clean. I don't remember the exact price but I don't think it was too much more than teh price you mentioned. I'd call and ask. They were across the street and it was really easy.

We will stay there when we go again. Small rooms but very clean and safe.

We're going to buy Park Hopper passes, use 2 days, and split them with another family for the lowest price on tickets.

You need to be really sure about that before you try it. You might be able to pull it off for kids' tickets (though you're not supposed to), but at DisneyWorld, at least, they scan adults' fingerprints the first time you use a ticket and only that original fingerprint can use the ticket after that.

They scanned my kids' fingerprints before entering the park each day too. My 11 once used a different finger and it wouldn't allow him to enter.

Sorry -don't know about a hotel though.

Right, should have said "kids 9 and under" don't have their fingers scanned. 10+ are considered "adults" for Disney ticketing purposes.

I looked up the fingerscan thing, and while they don't use it at Disneyland, I didn't realize you weren't supposed to share tickets. I've seen people advertise to split tickets recently, and thought it was ok to do it. So much for that idea!

I think the HOJO hotel was still pricey for us. Will keep looking.

Thanks for the ticket info. I'm glad to know that wasn't a good idea.

I'm about to give up on going, we just can't afford it no matter how bad my kids want to go. :(

fiddledeedee

• 4 weeks later...