Menu

Tabletclass Geometry

Not on Geometry, specifically,  but my son has taken pre-Alg and Alg. 1.  According to my son, the teaching is comparable to traditional styles. In that, Mr. Zimmerman (who is very available) doesn't drag the him out through extra steps that can be done in his head. Not as much of the modern math, less why and more how.

I don't know which version. I suggest calling or emailing Mr. Zimmerman. He's very helpful and open.

My son is having trouble with time management,  so I decided to put him with myhomeschoolmathclass.com

But, if he didn't need that outside accountability,  I wouldn't hesitate to keep him in TC.

I've had three of my students take Algebra, Geometry and Algebra II with TabletClass. A fourth will be starting Geometry next year. TC has been a very good fit with my crew who range from highly math intuitive to a very average learner. Mr. Zimmerman is always quick to answer questions, provide input and respond to any type of needs. I highly recommend TabletClass. My girls have been well prepared for advanced math (Calculus and Statistics). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, I'm just seeing your response. We've been using TabletClass for awhile and have not any issues. In fact, when we have had questions, I've contacted the designer of the program (John Zimmerman). John truly loves math and teaching math. It is vitally important to him that students understand concepts and have a good foundation for higher level maths. I've emailed John and always gotten a prompt email (and sometimes a phone call!). I know that I sound like a fan girl but TC has made it very easy for me to have multiple kids in a variety of math levels. Sending good luck wishes. There are so many options for math now. I am confident that you'll find something that you love for your family. 

I wanted to use TC about a year or two ago for Alg2. I liked the program but had to stop a couple of weeks into it. The problem was that the answers to the problems were readily available to the kid.  I couldn't tell what he  was actually doing with his work.  Zimmerman sent out a message about a month ago that there is now a separate parent portal to answers.  

On 6/8/2018 at 12:04 PM, gstharr said:

I wanted to use TC about a year or two ago for Alg2. I liked the program but had to stop a couple of weeks into it. The problem was that the answers to the problems were readily available to the kid.  I couldn't tell what he  was actually doing with his work.  Zimmerman sent out a message about a month ago that there is now a separate parent portal to answers.  

Yes,  the answers are now at separate location within the program. It comes as a part of the package one purchases.