Menu

Magazine ideas for my Dad

My father is newly installed in an assisted living apartnment. He has dementia and is not a great reader. However, he does like to sort of sit and read short articles even though he doesn't retain a lot. He likes something to keep his hands on, I guess.

I want to get a magazine for him. He's not that interested in the news anymore, and besides, my Mom will bring him Newsweek and Time.

I'm afraid to get a car magazine because he can't drive anymore, though cars were really his passion.

He was never a big outdoorsman and wasn't tremendously interested in sports, and besides, I afraid that a huge focus on how strong and young other men still are will depress him.

I want to get him something visually interesting and guying, but maybe something with a variety of subjects. Maybe a really basic science magazine? or something about technology that isn't geared to advanced readers?

My father is newly installed in an assisted living apartnment. He has dementia and is not a great reader. However, he does like to sort of sit and read short articles even though he doesn't retain a lot. He likes something to keep his hands on, I guess.

I want to get a magazine for him. He's not that interested in the news anymore, and besides, my Mom will bring him Newsweek and Time.

I'm afraid to get a car magazine because he can't drive anymore, though cars were really his passion.

He was never a big outdoorsman and wasn't tremendously interested in sports, and besides, I afraid that a huge focus on how strong and young other men still are will depress him.

I want to get him something visually interesting and guying, but maybe something with a variety of subjects. Maybe a really basic science magazine? or something about technology that isn't geared to advanced readers?

The Smithsonian Magazine has a wide variety of topics and lots of photos. National Geographic probably doesn't cover as wide a range but has even better photos.

Reader's digest fits the short and easy category, but is short on visuals.