Menu

What has worked to reduce the appearance of your "11" (forehead wrinkles)? Products or procedures!

6packofun

I just want to make them less glaringly noticeable.  It's hard because I cannot seem to train my hair/bangs to sweep beautifully across my forehead to hide them, grrr.  lol  I've got a chicken pox scar that enhances one of the lines of the 11 even more.  I'm up for facial products of any kind, fillers, botox, other procedures, whatever.  Just to see what's out there.  I take good care of my skin and feel like I'm at the end of the line with my regular routine--which does include exfoliants, etc. but is still pretty basic.

Thanks for any tips!

OH, my dirty little secrets!  I have gotten botox and filler.  What I recently found works is microneedling.  Twice per year the place I go has a sale and I buy up 2 or 3 sessions.  It takes about 3-4 weeks to see results.  I just had my second session today.

• Like 4

Last time I went to the dermatologist for my annual check up I asked if any otc products actually work. The PA I saw said no. She said some appear to make a difference but to see it you have to look really hard in the mirror and convince yourself it worked because you wanted it to work (yes she was laughing as she said that). She said there are simple things you can do to keep your skin healthy - general skin care, hydrate, don't smoke, use sunscreen, etc. - but the only way to really make wrinkles and age spots disappear is to have some type of procedure.  This is a strictly medical dermatology practice. They only do cosmetic procedures for people who have scarring or some type of disfigurement so I know she wasn't trying to sell me one of their procedures. 

I still use basic skin care products anyway but I don't expect any of them to return my skin to days long gone.