Menu

Gobble?

Night Elf

Does anyone have this meal service? If so, how do you like it? Can you explain how it works? I looked at the menus and it's all in one place, not separated by weeks like Hello Fresh and Home Chef. Do you still go in once a week and choose your meals for the next week? Can you skip weeks?

We still like Hello Fresh best but there are weeks that don't have 3 meals that inspire us, so I started getting Home Chef. It's okay but not great. After I posted about Gobble, I realized it was very expensive so it's out. And I looked at a review of Blue Apron and it said most meals took 45 minutes and some even took as long as 1.5 hours. Hello Fresh and Home Chef are about 30 minutes per meal, sometimes less when both DH and I are prepping/cooking at the same time. I guess I'll keep the two I have. I like that Home Chef offers more meals to choose from and they seem to have more one pot type dishes which I really like. With Hello Fresh we didn't like to order any meal we've ordered previously. On our off weeks, I make some of those meals on my own. It seems silly to get it from Hello Fresh again when I can make it at home, although I have no idea how much I'm really spending.

3 hours ago, momofjep said:

Haven't heard of Gobble. We switched from Hello Fresh to Plated. Plated has a lot more interesting (also more complicated) options for the same price. I got bored with the Hello Fresh dinners after about 6 months. 

Plated is more expensive than Hello Fresh or Home Chef. It's out of my price range.

I have heard, but cannot verify, that Blue Apron meals are more “hip” and have more time and steps involved. But their food is supposedly high quality. 

Sunbasket is another one that I considered, but I have not actually done any of them. 

9 hours ago, Selkie said:

We had to call and ask. If you call them, they will sign you up for bigger plans than are shown on their site.

That's so awesome. I love the idea of these meal services but tried one and found it just wasn't enough food for our six, even though two of us are relatively tiny. I did talk to one lady at Hello Fresh after I canceled and she just tried to get me to sign up again by saying that they had "increased their portion sizes."  I am going to call Plated.

• Like 1