Menu

When to visit Colleges?

On 4/8/2018 at 6:33 PM, yvonne said:

So, yes, I absolutely think that visiting during the junior year is preferable to waiting till summer of junior year or, even worse, fall of senior year.

thank you yvonne for your advice. i agree with you, and will take your advice to heart next year :)

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 3:00 AM, yvonne said:

Saying that one could do so would be an absurd contention. I hope you are not suggesting that that is what I’m saying simply because I disagree that spring of senior year is the best time to visit colleges.  

You did what worked for your family & I agree that it might be the best approach for other families or in other situations. That was not the best choice for mine. I put our experience out there because, for us, it was a mistake to follow the advice to just wait until we got admissions decisions.

I really appreciate your data point—between yield protect and the huge differences between departments (i’ll view this as visiting departments versus visiting “the university” and also how much LACs differ from each other, this is something to think about. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 3:37 AM, Roadrunner said:

I think I am going to take my children to visit some east coast schools in the dead of winter. ? lets just say they are in flip flops all year long out here and have never lived in the area that would require either a hat or a winter jacket. I really need them to spend a week in MA in December to know snow and cold isn’t going to be a deciding factor before shelling out any money on applications or worse, sending them there and then dealing with the transfer back. ? I could see at least one of mine completely panicking at the thought of wearing shoes and gloves. 

Yes but skiing ;). Send me yours for the east coast trip and i’ll send you mine for the west coast one ?

• Like 1