Menu

Reading 'last unread' posts

wehave8

Before you click on the thread, you’ll see a dot next to the title of the post.  Click on that dot.  It will take you to the last read post.

However, that doesn’t always help me.  I don’t have time to read entire threads (especially long ones) all the way through.  So, I will often open threads in a new tab and read them throughout the day or even days later.  If I wait too long, my computer will refresh the page and then I can’t see where I left off.   At this point, I might not be able to find the thread easily in any other list to click on the dot.  And since posts aren’t numbered, there’s really no way to jot down where I left off. So if I have a thread open for a day or so, I can’t find where I left off.

It looks like in cases where you want to keep track of a thread and read it long term (like I do), you can click on “Follow” up near the top.  And then there’s a way to look at your followed content.  And that followed content will be listed together, and now it’s easy to click on the dot next to the thread title before you enter the thread.

It’s a workaround, sure, but better than nothing.  

And I do wish the posts were numbered!  Turns out I used to look at those numbers a lot. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Garga said:

Before you click on the thread, you’ll see a dot next to the title of the post.  Click on that dot.  It will take you to the last read post.

Thanks!

And I do wish the posts were numbered!  Turns out I used to look at those numbers a lot. 

Same here.

Pam

It's a bit of a pain, but there is a way to keep a thread open to the last post you've read.

Where the post numbers used to be, you'll see a share icon (a dot that splits off into two lines to the right, with one more dot each). If you click on that, you'll get a link that will bring you directly to that specific reply in the thread. You could then copy that link and paste it in the URL. Then, even when the page refreshes, that post is loaded to be the next read.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Garga said:

And I do wish the posts were numbered!  Turns out I used to look at those numbers a lot. 

I miss the numbers, too.  I don't know why this feature can't be added.  The other forum I'm on with this software has the same issue, and I've found it much harder to participate there, especially on longer threads.