Menu

Can you believe I went Christmas shopping today?

Yep, I got the picture books in today for parents and grandparents, and the day after Thanksgiving I will have them under our tree wrapped and ready to go.

I have two gifts left for each of my kids that I am planning on ordering tomorrow. We try to get all shopping done before Thanksgiving.

Wendy Mommy to 3 munchkins

I was in line this afternoon behind a woman who had just done all of her Christmas shopping.

At Walgreens.

She had an over-flowing basket full of plastic, Made in China cr*p that she was proud to be offering to her loved ones this year. :001_huh:

As each item was scanned, she would tell the checker how cute it was and which of her relatives was going to be so happy to receive it on Christmas morning.

It was a looooong wait for that bottle of Advil I was buying. ;)

Kohls sounds like a much better shopping experience. :)

A week and a half ago, I took advantage of a similar deal at Kohl's. 40-50% off sale, plus I got a coupon in the mail for an extra 20% off everything, then I had a $10 Kohl's cash. I got sterling silver earrings for my mom for ten bucks!

Tonight, ds and I were at the mall, and since Mervyn's is closing, we browsed the sales. We got a lava lamp for ds's room, and an Iron Gym for dh for Christmas.

And don't tell ds, but I got him some Tony Hawk clothes when they were on sale in Oct.

I feel good about getting some of it done a little early (at least, it's early for me).

Wendi

I am hoping to be all done within the next week... well, with everything except the baby quilt that devoured my soul. :glare: It was supposed to be a "welcome to the world" gift in August. I have purposed that it will be a Christmas gift if it kills me. :001_smile: