Menu

Home Art Studio

Erielle

My kids love it. For us it's been worth it because it's easy to implement and it means someone else teaching. I am not very good at art. Their aunt is very good and she often does things with them when they are at grandma's house, so I just want something they enjoy that they can call art time. They ask for Ms. V all the time. We've used K, 1st, and now 2nd. (My 4th has fine motor issues so running a couple years behind works well for her. Homeschool buyers co op always has it.  

Is it worth it? Or is there something better you'd recommend? :)

I also have my eye on Deep Space Sparkle.

I used Homeart Studio for 3rd grade. The cd was very reasonable. However, the supplies ran about 150 bucks. My son is very picky and enjoyed some of the assignments and others he hated. I also would have like to see more of an art lesson vs a craft how to.

I tried a co-op class for art but its mainly a social time.

I am trying Meet the Masters and the Kitchen Table Classroom. The Meet the Masters is 34.95 and the other Kitchen Table Classroom is 24.95 with 40% off. Meet the Masters is for 5 lessons and the Kitchen Table Classroom is for the year. Both curricula cover art instruction and the artists. I purchased Meet the Masters before I found Kitchen Table Classroom.

I will use both bc i bought both, but I am leaning toward Kitchen Table Mama.

1. Written by a former art teacher now homeschool mama

2. Supplies needed are basic and reasonable in cost.

3. Lots of freebies that she describes how to use to extend lessons.

4. Lessons are laid out logically and appear easy to follow.

5. Lessons appear to teach art techniques vs only fun art projects. I can see learning perspective, lines, color theory, etc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I used HAS with two of my children when they were younger. It was convenient and made it easy to get art time in. Both my kids enjoyed it. Yes, I think It was worth it.

I don't know what ages you are looking to teach, but if you are looking for something that will also include art appreciation, take a look at the free lessons on Rainbow Resource. Sharon Jeffus (Visual Manna) covers art elements, appreciation, and covers a couple of projects in each lesson. Most of them also have a book linked to the lesson, too.

http://ourhomeschoolforum.com/videos/interactive-lessons/

Edited by Mona

Thanks for the feedback! :)

I went ahead and purchased the first three grade levels of HAS at hs buyers co-op to help my 7-year-old get some artsy-crafty learning time in. My littlest (age 2) will be able to use them in a few years, as well.

Saving the other links mentioned above to check out in a bit...