Menu

Mystery of History users

Quiver0f10

On the yahoo group there is a great list in their files of of literature and other resources that are helpful (like movies, etc.) for each lesson. This list is nearly 7 pages long. I ran it off and put it in my binder for easy access.

I bought The Student Bible Atlas by Tim Dowley which has been helpful. It was also pretty inexpensive (less than $10 I think) and is very interesting.

It is definetely set up to be used by different age groups together and the activities are broken down into age groups.

If you're considering MOH I highly recommend the yahoo group! There are also files to download and copy off ALL of the timeline figures for free and that has made the timeline extremely easy to do! I ran ours off onto ivory colored cardstock and they look great.

HTH!

This is our second time through the 4-year cycle using MOH for years I and II (and this time, III!). In the past we have used SOTW, VP, and TruthQuest, but MOH is the hands-down winner.

Our kids who are using MOH are 7th, 5th, 3rd, and 1st, plus the high schooler, the 4yo, the 10-month-old, and the newest due in May all vying for my attention. I know you know what that is like, and because of the juggling of so many, I bypassed TOG as too much mom-requirement.

Just FWIW :)

~Kendra

Hi Jean

My name is Liz and I am a TOG dropout. MOH with Truthquest has saved my sanity. It is TOG "lite" I guess.

We have used it for 2 years now and I am thrilled MOH 3 will be out in time to use it for next year. It is pick up and go, the books lists are great. The files on the yahoo group are helpful also.

I think you will love it.

I really like this program. I am intimidated by TOG, and my ds just doesn't really care that much for history. I am trying to figure out a way to combine MOH with the Diana Waring materials. We are really loving her audio tapes. The two combined would still not be that expensive. You could just use MOH and add in her tapes. However, I think she has some TERRIFIC ideas in her books.

Let us know what you decide to go with!

Cynthia