Menu

Arrgghh! Just a little whine

Laurel-in-CA

DH *****forgot***** to sign us up for the Flex Plan at work. I did not know this (he didn't realize it until this week either) and signed up for a course of chiropractic treatment that is pretty pricey for the first two months....confidently expecting that we had the $ in the FSA to pay for it. Also for all the prescriptions the kids and I take for various things, especially my insulin.....those run up to a significant amount every 3 mo.

Now that we've already spent over $1500, come to find out there is no money there and it will have to be paid by us out of pocket after taxes. Booo! Hisss! Trying very hard not to express frustration with dh over his absent-mindedness.

Luckily we still have medical coverage!!

Luckily the company is switching over to an HSA in April and we can sign up then. I have no idea how that will work differently, but I don't think it will allow us to use $ for things that happened before it started, will it?