Menu

FLL/WWE/WWS/Grammar for the WTM

Entropymama

I am jumping back into homeschooling with my younger boys, and I am trying to figure out the progression of TWTM language arts materials. My copy of TWTM is (I think) the 2nd edition and doesn't include thing WWS or grammar for the Well Trained Mind (GFTWTM?  :laugh: ) Plus, I can't remember how or when we used FLL and WWE with my now 7-10th graders oh so long ago. 

So how does it work? FLL 1 in 1st grade and 2 in 2nd grade ... are there FLL3 and 4 now? 

WWE ... does this start in first grade? 

I have a new copy of TWTM coming, but it is taking its sweet time and I'm anxious. 

WTM curriculum map. Grammar for the Well Trained Mind isn't on there, but it would follow FLL4.

ETA: SWB article with several options for progressing through WWE/WWS

Ooh, that map is nice, I hadn't seen it.

It's not quite up-to-date, there are a couple more high school history books, and GFTWTM isn't on it, that follows after FLL.

And yes, most people do FLL 1-4 in grades 1-4. WWE, some people run it a year later, so starting on grade 2, or starting in 1 and then pausing somewhere. But most only do WWE 3 now, too.

And WWS often is delayed until grade 6.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Edited by Kiara.I