Menu

Visiting WashU need tips....

Plateau Mama

We will be visiting Miami Oh, and Wash U in St Louis in Feb.

For WashU, any recommendations for a hotel? The hotels on the school site are all over the place so I am having a hard time deciding. I would like to stay under $150/night with parking.

Do I need a car? Or can I get by with Taxi/Shuttles? We will be there for about a 1.5 days. My friend says I need a car but I. Dont. Wanna!

We will arrive at 4:30 on Tuesday. Tour/interview Wash U on Wed. And leave around noon on Thur.

How are you traveling?

The Wash U area is fairly self inclusive; it wouldn't be essential to have a car (if you want to walk everywhere, which is totally doable depending upon the weather).

Any of the hotels that Wash U has listed on their site would be good choices, and I believe all are within walking distance of campus (but I'm not sure how likely it is to expect under $150/night; a couple might be close to that):

https://olin.wustl.edu/EN-US/about-olin/st-louis/Pages/Places-to-Stay.aspx

I think you're going to have to rent a car, sorry.  There's plenty of cabs and I think Uber serves the airport now, but getting around anywhere off campus is going to need a car, especially in February.

Drury Hotels are what we usually recommend, and probably the most affordable.  There's no parking fee at the one in Brentwood.  It's about a 10-15 minute drive up to the campus, depending on time of day and traffic.  The Cheshire is really neat and closer, but probably pricier (especially if you want one of the British literature themed rooms), and it costs to park.

• Like 1

How are you traveling?

The Wash U area is fairly self inclusive; it wouldn't be essential to have a car (if you want to walk everywhere, which is totally doable depending upon the weather).

Any of the hotels that Wash U has listed on their site would be good choices, and I believe all are within walking distance of campus (but I'm not sure how likely it is to expect under $150/night; a couple might be close to that):

https://olin.wustl.edu/EN-US/about-olin/st-louis/Pages/Places-to-Stay.aspx

They have several listed for $150 or less but most of them are 2+ miles away from the university which seems far if I do not have a car.

I think you're going to have to rent a car, sorry.  There's plenty of cabs and I think Uber serves the airport now, but getting around anywhere off campus is going to need a car, especially in February.

Drury Hotels are what we usually recommend, and probably the most affordable.  There's no parking fee at the one in Brentwood.  It's about a 10-15 minute drive up to the campus, depending on time of day and traffic.  The Cheshire is really neat and closer, but probably pricier (especially if you want one of the British literature themed rooms), and it costs to park.

. Drury is what I was thinking of doing.