Menu

We have a scale for the first time in a couple of years...

ondreeuh

Dh and I started tracking our diets on Jan. 1, and he got a scale today. I was happy to discover that I weigh 15 lbs less than I had estimated! I had mentally added 5 lbs to what I thought my last recorded weight was - had no idea I'd lost weight! I had plenty to spare, lol.

• Like 5

Costco has a digital one on sale that I think I'll buy this weekend. I know our analog one is pretty close to the weight I measure at the doctor's office, and sometimes I like the ambiguity of not knowing exactly what number it's on, but I've decided it might be good for me to know exactly what number it's on!

Costco has a digital one on sale that I think I'll buy this weekend. I know our analog one is pretty close to the weight I measure at the doctor's office, and sometimes I like the ambiguity of not knowing exactly what number it's on, but I've decided it might be good for me to know exactly what number it's on!

I understand! When ours broke, I wasn't in any hurry to replace it because I liked plausible deniability ;). The last time I was weighed at the doctor's office, I found out that it's possible to decline being weighed, and I did that the next visit. Then I moved, and my doctor's assistant here doesn't weigh me - he just asks what I weigh. So I've been able to avoid knowing the real number for a while. This time I was ready to know it since I already had a plan to work on my weight. I'm looking forward to my app graphing my weight loss - that is very motivating for me!

• Like 2

Well, the scale (for me) lead to an unhealthy relationship between it and me.

I grew up hearing about women my height who weighed considerable less than I and thought I could weigh that, too.

So, I tried to get down to that level.

People thought I had cancer or something else wrong with me since I was skin and bones though heavier than that "ideal" number in my head.

I don't weigh myself now and refuse to look at the number when the doctor weighs me.  I go more by how I look in the mirror, my measurements, and if my clothes fit.

And I think I am blissfully happier being unaware.

Dh and I started tracking our diets on Jan. 1, and he got a scale today. I was happy to discover that I weigh 15 lbs less than I had estimated! I had mentally added 5 lbs to what I thought my last recorded weight was - had no idea I'd lost weight! I had plenty to spare, lol.

What a great surprise!