Menu

please donate blood if you are willing &/or able to...

Just my little public service announcement after getting a card from the Red Cross today listing their special hours during Thanksgiving week.

I mean to donate more often than I actually get around to doing it. Life gets hectic & I forget to go in. So, I was glad to get the reminder in the mail today.

I know so many people who are thankful for the blood you donate, including my friend's dd who is going through leukemia at the ripe old age of 3.

On that note & for the Thanksgiving season, I thought I would put the reminder out there for others who may be like me -- meaning to do it, but forgetting to get around to it.

:001_smile:

Thanks for the reminder! I don't donate as often as I should. The bloodmobile goes to my husband's office like clockwork, and they are allowed to donate on company time so he has it easy! If they pulled up in front of my house every 56 days or whatever it is, I wouldn't have any trouble giving more often!

Chelle

Thank you for posting this, and my little guy thanks you too! He is 3 and in treatment for leukemia. If not for the wonderful people in our town who donate blood and platelets he would not be here today. Consider donating platelets as well; there is always a need since most people don't know they are needed.

Wendy - Mommy to the 3 Munchkins