Menu

WWS Prior Experience

alisha

WWE is not a prerequisite. It varies, but in my house the best thing for success in WWS had been me understanding that my dc work slower than the pace in the books. So allowing them to skew the pace a bit has really helped us have a more laptops experience. I'm expecting top finish in 4 years, rather than 3.

• Like 1

My dd and I started with WWE1 but could not continue due to school work and other issues.

We are now doing WWS 1 and she is able to cope well.

We started WWS1 without having done WWE. I think we started it when oldest ds was in 7th grade, but it may have been 8th. He used books 1 and 2 independently at the prescribed pace, and had great results.

OT: what does/did he do after WWS2?

My dd and I started with WWE1 but could not continue due to school work and other issues.

We are now doing WWS 1 and she is able to cope well.

OT: what does/did he do after WWS2?

He started a co-op after that, and did his English course there. He did not receive anymore direct writing instruction, but had a lot of papers to write and did well.

Susan Wise Bauer mentioned the books The New Oxford Guide to Writing and They Say, I Say in one of her talks. I am keeping those in mind for high school writing courses for some of my younger kids.

• Like 1