Menu

Just added to my bucket (list)

creekland

Hubby and I just finished watching Globe Trekker's "Tough Boats" (Nile River Journey):

http://www.pilotguides.com/tv-shows/tough-boats/tough-boats-of-egypt/

Gotta admit I just put that into our Bucket as a destination to choose from.  It looks awesome - and unless a bit has changed, not at all crowded - nigh onto perfect for travel loving, crowd allergic, Creeklanders.

Has anyone done it - or anything similar?  At the moment it could beat out Iguazu as our next major destination.  Gotta think about it and see how life goes.

My dh and I lived in Cairo for awhile, back in the 80's, and we spent some time in both Luxor and Aswan...  but never on a boat!  We did take a train from Alexandria to Luxor.  I'd love to go back someday.  I do wonder how much it has changed since then!

• Like 1

I’ve only done short trips near Cairo, but I have quite a few friends who have done Nile cruises and I’ve only ever heard good things about them. They’re not cheap though.

(If you go in the next few years, also stop in Cairo and we can have a WTM meetup in some of our favorite Cairo places.)

• Like 1

I’ve only done short trips near Cairo, but I have quite a few friends who have done Nile cruises and I’ve only ever heard good things about them. They’re not cheap though.

(If you go in the next few years, also stop in Cairo and we can have a WTM meetup in some of our favorite Cairo places.)

That would be awesome.  I'm envisioning a WTM Meetup World Tour.  Right now we can only take one major trip per year and fill in the rest with relatively minor (aka inexpensive) trips.  Who knows what life without college payments will bring though.  Our youngest graduates this spring.

I've saved that show to share with him.  I'm positive that's a trip he'd love to take with us if he could.

In general, Globe Trekker is one of my favorite series.  They tend to travel to places we'd like to go in styles we prefer, except that they move far more quickly than we like.  We prefer to meander taking our time to really take in the scenery in front of us.  (It probably helps that we're not filming!)  I'm not sure why we let that one stay taped on our DVR since May before we watched it.  (A good part of that is not being home much and having some 200 shows we could watch when we are home, but still...)

• Like 1