Menu

Re-weaving to repair damaged suit pants. Need advice

Tammi K

My son slipped on some ice last week and put a 3 corner tear in the knee of his suit.  It was a gift from us to him and while it wasn't a $3,000 Italian made suit, it was pretty pricey for us and he loved it.  

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to replace the pants and apparently it is NOT done to wear a pin stripe jacket with another pair of pants ( huh, who knew?)

That leaves us with having the repair re-woven. There is no one in Anchorage that does this kind of work. So, I need suggestions of anywhere in the country where I might be able to send them. 

If anyone knows of a place that does repair re-weaves, please let me know.

Thanks

I don't know but I have a suit reweaving story to pass the time :)

A friend of my dad's was living in a Latin American country in the 80's, and this particular country at the time was rather unstable with a high crime rate. One day while the friend was at work someone broke into the home. The wife, kids, and maid were all at home; they retreated and hid in the large bedroom walk-in closet in which both a handgun and all of the husband's suits were stored. At some point the intruder could be heard in the bedroom and the wife pulled the trigger on the gun. Which apparently succeeded in routing the intruder but also made tidy bullet holes through every suit.

It was a talking point in future years because, while he did get all the suits rewoven, the bullet marks could still be seen if you looked closely.

• Like 1