Menu

Random and weird medical question

SquirrellyMama

Ok, I've been having sinusy issues going on. I haven't felt ill, just snot in the mornings, and a few days of scratchy throat.

Yesterday, I blew my nose, and experienced a sharp pain on the left side of my head. That is the side with the most stuffiness. Ever since I randomly get that pain in the same spot on the left side of my head, but not a constant headache.

Did I burst a blood vessel, or is a sinus about to explode?

It's a pain on the side- toward the back. Not, where I'd usually have sinus pain.

Kelly

Edited by SquirrellyMama

I obviously can't be sure, but I have had a similar experience on several different occasions. You don't have any sinus cavities toward the back of your head, so no sinuses are going to explode. I think what you experienced is that (for lack of a better term) you pulled a muscle that is attached to your skull. You don't think about having muscles there, but they're there. Seems like I've had this happen from sneezing. A sudden sharp pain on the side of my head. 

If it doesn't stop bothering you after a couple of days, I'd see a doctor. When that has happened to me, it was just a one time shock of pain and didn't bother me much afterward.

Can be a sinus infection. They can cause headaches. You can google where to apply pressure to your sinuses to see if it hurts- yes: possible sinus infection.

Other signs: fever, worsening symptoms. Like any infection, you can see if it will get better or worse. Nose saline rinses multiple times per day help. Sometimes antibiotics are needed.

Can be a sinus infection. They can cause headaches. You can google where to apply pressure to your sinuses to see if it hurts- yes: possible sinus infection.

Other signs: fever, worsening symptoms. Like any infection, you can see if it will get better or worse. Nose saline rinses multiple times per day help. Sometimes antibiotics are needed.

It isn't a headache, it's a sharp pain every 20 minutes. It's weird. 

Kelly