Menu

Is this true?

Night Elf

I don't trust things on Facebook but this was just weird. It said if you see a baby seat in the middle of the road, either drive quickly around it or turn around because it's a trap. Some people get out to move it and they get car jacked. It also said human trafficers use this ruse. Really? Now I'm creeped out.

Unrelated, but similar. 

My husband just returned home from Dallas.  A local man he was partnered up to work with for several days arrived at their meeting location and appeared completely "banged up." Translation: He was covered in bruises.  This man shared a harrowing tale. It turns out, a few days prior this man was driving along a road in Texas (somewhere in the Metroplex area) and stopped to help a woman who appeared to be experiencing car trouble.  Her car hood was raised and she was standing alone by the side of the road.  As soon as this man stopped to see if he could help, two men jumped out of hiding, proceeded to beat him, and then stole his car, wallet, and cell phone. True story.

When the police arrived, they said that this is becoming far too common and that if you ever see a motorist appearing to be in need, call 911 and report it. A patrol car will be dispatched to the location.  

I could not call all of our kiddos quickly enough!

Food for thought, folks...

• Like 1